BLUEPRINT FOR INVESTING
BLUEPRINT FOR INVESTING IN YOUR FIRST PROPERTY
PLANTING the Seed 🡪 REAPING a Harvest
The very moment you walk out of this class, I want you to feel empowered to act! Whether your ambitions are big or small, you will be enabled to start working yourself up toward your dream of financial freedom through real estate investing.
In Real Estate 101, the student essentially comes to this class with little or no knowledge about investing in real estate. This is the ideal place for them to learn the inner workings of the business, as well as how it can serve them in building their wealth and financial freedom – while keeping their day jobs.
These students will develop actionable steps in order to get started on purchasing their first property. This course will equip the student with a plan of action, as well as the knowledge in how to avoid the worst drawbacks and pitfalls typically associated with this field of investment.
This course will reveal how one should start out each venture, who to contact, and what important questions to ask to ensure that one’s real estate investments are worthwhile and profitable. Even if you are an investor with a few properties in your portfolio already, this course will enable you to truly take stock in your progress thus far, while allowing you to make other refinements in your system where needed. Additionally, realtors working with investors that want to understand each of their client’s vision better, can also acquire the skill set through this course to help them achieve their goals more effectively.
I CAN DO IT 🡪 VISIONARY & ACTION TAKER
A ten thousand foot view:
Why do people invest in real estate?
What kinds of things can people invest in?
- Attendees will leave this class with a better understanding of their own skill sets and the expertise required for the successful completion of a transaction. They will become more effective at identifying the capabilities in others that are best able to help them move ahead in their investment endeavors. One of the ways this can be achieved is by exploring different role playing scenarios, aimed at granting the student more practical experience in how they can enlist the help of others in working toward their goals.
- Attendees will gain a new understanding in how they can embrace their own unique personality style so that they can leverage their strengths. Whether you are an introvert or an extrovert, a risk taker, or risk averse, you will learn how you can thrive within this industry in your own way!
- Attendees will become more capable at identifying the role in the investment process that they are best suited to play. Are you more comfortable as the VISIONARY, or the ACTION TAKER. Working in your strength zone will help you achieve more in a shorter amount of time!
STRATEGY TO START 🡪 START SOMEWHERE
- Action taken, even if it is executed imperfectly, is still action!
- Attendees will be able to identify three strategies that can be employed when setting out to find their first investment property, which will also enable them to gain valuable experience in the business. This may, for instance, involve buying a single-family home, renovating it, and then selling it, or helping other investors find their ideal next purchase and making a finder’s fee, or even partnering in a joint venture (JV).
- Attendees will learn the basic tools in accessing lucrative deals.
- Attendees will leave this class understanding how to get started!
THE ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM 🡪 FINDING MONEY 🡪 MAKING MONEY
- Attendees will acquire the understanding necessary to employ the correct and most efficient methods in obtaining the money/financing to purchase their first property. Students who already own properties and want to refine their systems will benefit by learning new skills, strategies and opportunities offered by this course.
- Attendees will learn how they can leverage their day jobs, giving them the resources and stability needed while they learn to invest.
- Attendees will learn the step-by-step processes in building their self-confidence, so that they can be empowered to act!
FIND PEOPLE WHO CAN HELP YOU 🡪 MENTORS & OTHER INVESTORS 🡪 NO MONEY NEEDED
- Attendees will learn the essential vocabulary and fundamentals needed in order to develop the applicable language and discourse, as well as how to ask the right questions, to help them engage and connect effectively with others in the business.
- In a panel discussion we will meet with a home inspector, a realtor, a property manager, and a property investment mentor/coach, who will provide insight to assist each of the attendees to successfully acquire their first property!
- Attendees will learn how to identify and utilize available resources correctly, by building a list of those who can help them buy, vet, value and sell their properties. This list includes bankers, title companies, contractors, plumbers, painters, inspectors and appraisers.
COMMUNICATION 🡪 OPPORTUNITY 🡪 FINDING THE RIGHT DEALS
- Attendees will learn how they can go about looking for their first ideal property opportunity in the most efficient manner, by making use of online platforms, such as Facebook Marketplace, Zillow, Realtor.com and Trulia, as well as useful tricks and tips to enhance their search.
- Students will learn how they can drive through neighborhoods and be able to spot the best potential investments that might not even be on the market yet. They will also be guided in finding an investment friendly realtor who will provide value in finding their first property deals.
- Development of the appropriate engagement skills are facilitated within this course, such as creating a successful elevator speech in order to communicate clear intentions in finding the right investment properties. This skill set enables one to connect effectively and be more able to gain buy-ins, whether it be from family members, friends or others.
- Students will learn how to appropriately communicate exactly what they want to see happen, such as “I want to buy a single-family home that, even though in need of maintenance and some updating, is structurally sound.”
STAY CONNECTED 🡪 STAY ENCOURAGED
- Attendees may ask: How can I continue to learn and grow along with other like-minded people? Students will be introduced to our local investor group, REinvest Southern Illinois, where they will have the opportunity to meet with other investors to hear their stories and share ideas.
- During this class, attendees will be introduced to techniques that will enable them to develop and hone necessary skills to build rapport in the field of real estate investment. Podcasts, masterminds, continued training programs and real estate investor groups are all relevant avenues in this regard.
- Attendees will learn all about the various ways to find buyers for a property by combining different methods and strategies, such as marketing a property through connections with other investors in their circle, making use of realtors to market the property and by utilizing online platforms like Facebook Marketplace.
- Students will develop the ability to formulate the best exit strategies, including selling the property for a profit and leveraging their investment for the next deal.
CASH FLOW CONCERNS 🡪 MAKING AN EXTRA INCOME 🡪 KEEPING YOUR DAY JOB
- What is your relationship with money? Attendees will be made aware of how their relationship with money can not only change their present, but their future as well.
- Attendees will learn how to avoid the common pitfalls and other mistakes that could cause one to lose money on a deal, such as not getting a home inspector out to evaluate the property, or not having enough resources available to complete the renovation. Being prepared for the unexpected is how one can avoid some of the mistakes new investors typically experience starting out in this business.
- Students will be introduced to the idea that investment success does not happen overnight. Instead, progress over perfection is the mindset they must learn to adopt. They will be made aware of the fact that only with time and experience gained, will more lucrative opportunities become increasingly possible as a result. They will come to understand the difference between long term gains versus short term profit, as well as realize which of these are most important to a new investor.
BUILDING YOUR WEALTH WHILE YOUNG 🡪 WORKING ON AN EXIT STRATEGY
- Investing in real estate can certainly be a way for you to supplement your income and to start building your wealth, or it may just be the steppingstone you need to place you in an advantageous position for other financial and career goals you might have.
- As part of this class, attendees will be guided in developing a written action plan that will help each bring about their desired outcome. Where do you see yourself when December 2021 comes around?